Thursday, May 3, 2012

Aquarium Sensory Bag





I have wanted to make an aquarium sensory bag for Little Man for a while, but never got around to it.  I finally remembered the other day and had all the supplies handy, so I decided to whip up one for him.  Sweet Girl wanted in on the action right away, so this is something fun for both toddlers and preschoolers alike!

Supplies needed:
Zip loc bag (I recommend a freezer type bag because it's stronger)
Random small toys
Baby Oil
Water
Food coloring
Glitter
A strong tape (duct or something like that...)



Start by gathering up all your little toys and add them to the zip loc bag.



Have a helper add some glitter if you want.


Then add some water, some baby oil and a few drops of food coloring for your color.  Carefully zip up your bag and tape all around where the zipper is....and then tape some more!! You definitely don't want this thing to leak.

Then let the sensory fun begin!!  Both of mine had lots of fun.  Little Man loved watching everything "swim" around in his "aquarium" as he played with the bag.  And Sweet Girl had fun playing "I spy" with me!


Other fun things to do:
I Spy game
Matching (put a couple sets of items in the bag and try to find the matches)
Upper and lowercase alphabet hunt (I would only put about 4-5 letters in there for smaller kids)
Alphabet bag (add items that begin with the same letter to work on letter sounds)



And are you following Playing House on Facebook?  Click here to "like" us and follow along!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...