Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flashcard Fun

We have tons of flashcards in our house.  Sweet Girl loves looking through them, but I HATE how much of a mess they make.  And my neat-freak self HATES sorting all the cards back into the right set!  Most of our busy boxes have a pack of flashcards in them and it can be days before I finally find all the cards and get them back in order!!!


See what a mess they make....
And that's only two boxes of flashcards!!

Here's my solution!! 

BOOK RINGS!!

Now, she can easily look through all the cards without making a huge mess.  Plus, by using book rings, we can easily take them out to do a matching game or a sorting game.


And I love that the ABC cards stay in alphabetical order!!

5 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I like you cannot stand the mess. They are almost always dropped into a huge messy pile on the floor. I will definetely put this trick to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I hate the mess they make as well! Looks like we will be making a trip to get book rings this week! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- that is such a great idea!! I, too, am driven nuts from the cards all over the floor. Perfect solution…. I will be purchasing some book rings tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I put ours in plastic baggies,but I like this idea much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why have binder rings never dawned on me! I have been hiding all my kids flash cards because cleaning them up afterwards seems to take longer than the amount of time she actually plays with them. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...