Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ABC Fun - Letter D

Our letter this week is letter D and it's all about DINOSAURS! 

Alphabet Sensory Bin
I like to start with our alphabet bin because we can talk about the letter and it's sound.  Our sensory bin this week is full of capital D, a dolphin, a dinosaur and a duck.


Dinosaur Hunt Sensory Bin
I also put together a quick dinosaur sensory bin for Sweet Girl.

Here's what in our dinosaur bin:
3 bags of decorative sand
one large dinosaur (from the dollar store)
mini dinosaurs (these were all in one pack...also from the dollar store)
6 easter eggs with mini dinosaurs inside (eggs from Easter last year)
2 dinosaur fossils Sweet Girl made at an art class a few weeks ago
2 paint brushes

Doesn't it look like so much fun?


Dinosaur shape matching
I saw this at Yellow Mums and thought it would be perfect since our week is all about shapes!!


Heads and Tails Matching
This is from the dinosaur tot pack at 1+1+1+1=1.

Check back at the end of the week to see our letter D crafts!!

The Attached Mama's Alphabet Craft Collection

7 comments:

  1. Nice idea to teach kids. Thanks for sharing. You can also check my hand print butterfly.

    http://blog.memetales.com/2011/02/handprint-butterfly-kids-craft/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I am going to be doing dinosaurs soon and I love your mini dino hunt. I will have to add that to my list of idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOODNESS. These are probably the cutest letter D activities I have seen on the web. My little boy would flip for that Dinnosaur sensory tub. I also love that letter D sensory tub.

    I host a feature on my blog called the Ultimate Alphabet Craft Collection. If you are interested, we would LOVE to have you link your blog to our collection. You can view the complete collection here: http://theattachedmama.blogspot.com/2010/07/ultimate-alphabet-craft-collection.html

    This and any other alphabet ideas are welcome!!

    Your fan,

    Cathy aka The Attached Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your super sweet words!! We had a lot of fun with letter D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea!What do you use as the base for your sensory bins? I see that they are letters but what exactly are they and where do you get them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! @dtbbmom...I use small alphabet pasta for my base. I found it at Wegmans but have seen it on Amazon too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...